Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To kiss or not to kiss...


So, I'm puzzled...
What is the deal with the double kiss?! You know what I'm talking about...
When you meet someone or greet someone you air cheek kiss them. Since moving to the UK and having come in contact with many different people from all over the world, this greeting has puzzled me and become a very frequent greeting. In the States we don't really do it. When we meet someone for the first time we shake hands, we don't air kiss them.
I bring this issue up because last week I came into a situation were i was like...do I double cheek them or shake their hand?! I had met the gent before and had talked to him before, and I saw him double kiss a fellow lady...but when I went in for the double kiss I felt very weird and he didn't really do the whole lean in thing like he wanted to double kiss, but it was already to late, i had committed to the kiss....
I just don't get it...and to make things even more complicated, some people want to just do the one kiss thing...JC! Can't we all just unite and have one form of greeting?! Seriously people, I'm loosing sleep over this subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment