Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Queen Mum

















For 3 months now I have been begging my mum to come to London town to visit her daughter. Well after nagging and begging, she finally gave in and hopped on a flight and made it over. She visited for 7 days and we made the best of her time here. She has been to london several times, but always as a 'tourist' never as a 'native'...this trip changed all that.
With me having 'lived' here in London for a few months now, I was able to show her a side of the town that the double-decker bus tour leaves out. We spent our days wondering around the neighborhoods of London. We shopped the interior design stores in Knightsbridge, we discovered local foods in Southwark, we antique shopped in Nottinghill, we looked at gardens in South Kensington, and we took in the arts in Covent Gardens.
I have spent the last 3 months day after day wondering the streets of London by myself, wishing that I had someone with me so I could point out the sights of the city. Having my mum with me satisfied my 3 months of suffocation. Her and I would point out to each other the unusual shrub that we would see, or we would encourage each other to order dessert at the local market or buy the antique that we didn't need, but terribly wanted. Having someone that sees the world the same way you do is a blessing.
I wish she had stayed longer...but all good things must come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment