Sunday, October 4, 2009

Maldives












After Dubai Viv and I jet set to the tinny islands off the coast of India called Maldives. It is paridise. Every resort is located on its own private island, where you either go by boat or by sea plane to get to your resort destination. I have never been to any place like the Maldives before. We had out own bungalow over the ocean with a breath taking view. Everyday was amazing, and I loved every second of our trip...but the weather was certainly a pain in our rear. I think we probably only saw the sun for approximately 6 hours total in 7 days...but that was enough sun for my to get sunburned...who knew the sun was so string on the equator?! We spend our days being lazy and eating non-stop. We did manage to swim a bit, by we I mean Viv. I'm a little afraid of sea creatures, and although the water was crystal clear, I still was hesitant to jump off our deck and swim with the fishies and sharks that we saw around. Both Viv and I wish we could have stayed longer, especially because the day we left we actually saw blue sky! Its a hike to get there, about 15 hours from London, but well, well worth the hassle...I can't wait to go back, see the sun and blue skies and I will remember to wear SPF 50 this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment