Sunday, October 4, 2009

London Calling again...














Here I am, on the Eve of my return to London. I've been back to Chicago, home, for 4 weeks now...and let me tell you a secret, I'm not really looking forward to going back.

Yes, there is a giant reason I want to go back, but there are hundreds of small reasons I don't want to go. Being home makes me appreciate so much stuff. Being able to pick up the phone and just talk to someone, whenever I want to. Non of that waiting for Viv to get home so I can use his international phone, then trying to figure out what time it is in Chicago, then having to keep all my conversations short and sweet as to keep the phone bill down...then there is the driving thing. Being able to get into a car, go where I want to go, know how to get there, and not get lost is a little thing that I'm going to miss. And bigger yet, is the fact that I can jump into the car and be at my parents house is got to be the number one reasons I will miss home. Having friends, family and my furry friend near by is a luxury no one should take for granted. I feel very independent in Chicago. London I feel like a fish out of water. I have a home, a yard, a driveway in Chicago, where in London I can't really make myself a home because its a temporary situation. London is amazing and I'm glad I get to experience it head first, but a home where you can hang a picture on the wall is pretty amazing too...See you at Christmas home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment