Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1 week and counting...






























Can you believe its been 1 week since I arrived to my new home in London? Busy, busy I have been...Lets see, Ive met a bunch of new peeps, mostly Americana's ironically, attended a Killers concert in Hyde Park, gotten lost, been to Bond street, Covent Gardens, Camden market, figured out the tube, learned how to use the dishwasher, the laundry machines, and managed to even understand military time and ask for something at the deli using the metric system...totto, were not in Chicago anymore.

It's certainly a change of pace, everyday is an adventure. When I walk around the city I can't help but have a huge smile on my face. I just never, in a million years, would have thought that I would be living in London. A typical day, so far, is I wake up around 8:00, when Viv is leaving for work, go make a little breakfast of yogurt, scones and of course a 'spot of tea.' I then goof around on the computer, talk to Marcella, the flatmate from Germany. We kind of plan our day together, then get dressed (lots of skirts and tank tops b/c the weather has been in the 30's..aka 80 degrees-see metric system) then head off into the day, stopping for lunch or a snack as the day goes by. Then Im usually home around 5-6ish in the evening goofing on the computer some more and waiting for Viv to return home around 7ish, prepare or go out to dinner, watch a movie on the tv(the British TV sucks) and off to bed at 10-11pm. They are great days, and by the time I return home my feet are soar and nasty dirty from all the walking Ive done.
Pictures from left to right:
Killers concert stage at Hyde Park (aka the Central Park of London)
Marcella and I at Camden Mrkt, we had a police man take this pic..haha
Kensington Palace garden...more lovely in person. The palace is in Hyde Park. Where Dina lived
Me at the food market in Camden. The vendors would yell and scream at you forcing you to try their food tempting you to order lunch from them...I got suckered in and ordered Thai.
Viv at a cafe at Covent Gardens.
Viv and I on our Patio before the Killers concert. We hosted a pre-party so I could meet a few people here in London.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fabulous! You're already a true Londoner! Loved all your adventures so far! I keep on checking your blog to see what else you've done next! (Hoping to read about an encounter with Orlando or Sienna in the near future.)

    ReplyDelete