Sunday, June 21, 2009

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow








Well..here I am and have only 2.5 days until I leave the good old US of A.


The countdown has been bitter-sweet (more sweet the bitter, of course) To start the countdown, last Saturday my buds from work, Cute Katie, aka the roomie, and, we have more inside-jokes then we can even count buddie Amy, threw me a going away shin-dig. It took place at our homestead. The drinks were flowing like the River Thames and we were all trying to avoid getting completely arseholed (Im trying to speak "english") Amy created the cutest card and had everyone sign it.........It read:

We've watched you blossomand watched
you grow; now it's off to London you go.
Will you come back? We just don't know...
But we've heard you like a talent show! (sorry folks, that's an inside joke)
We'll miss you much, your charm and wit,
And know you'll be the best dressed Brit!
To happy ever after with that bloke called Viv,
Here are our favorite memories to give......

That Amy, she is such a poet....
Anyway, Friday the 19th was my last day at work, again, sweet yet bitter...
and today I'm starting to really get my things together, which is proving more time consuming then I had imagined.
For starters...Its not like Im moving to Boston, no, its like I'm moving to Mars.
I have to get a outlet converter for my computer, a different outlet converter for the all-important hair straightener, and then an outlet converter for my camera battery charger...all different converters b/c they all have different voltages. Also, important to note...the cell phone. Well, Im not going to have one, GASP! My phone won't work overseas, and if I were to get a phone that would, it would create a crazy high bill,were talking 1.25 per incoming and outgoing text messages... and remember folks, I have no job, aka, no income! So I've got to switch phones so I have a tinny phone bill every month. Also a huge deal...Internet connection...don't know exactly how Im going to get it. All my research points to internet cafes and finding "hot spots" so i can surf without paying. Thats an adventure in itself!

But the absolute, most important thing left to do is...pack!
Question: How do you pack for a trip/stay-cation for 3-6 months?!?!
Answer: You pack EVERYTHING! Everything that will fit in 2 under 50lbs suitcases, that is

Here's to stuffing suitcases filled with everything from cookbooks (they are on the metric system, so i won't understand how to bake cookies using weights, measures) to Taco-Bell taco kits (no Mexican food in London..just plain wrong!)


Happy Packing!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow no Mexican food. That blows. Well, if you run out of Taco Bell kits, let us know when to send you a shipment.

    ReplyDelete